Last Updated 24.09.2022
Research shows that post-workout static stretching—where you hold a pose for 10 to 30 seconds—can improve range of motion around your joints. “Stretching after you exercise can help move inflammation out of your muscles and increase blood flow,” says Ben Greenfield, a personal trainer and author of Beyond Training.
Cardiovascular and strength training, or a mix of the two, form the foundation of every effective fitness programme. Stretching at the end of an activity, on the other hand, is one of the most underutilized components of a comprehensive approach.
You’re probably aware that stretching is good for your health. It’s also the easiest component of the workout to neglect. You may believe you don’t have time for it or that you don’t require it. Stretching, on the other hand, is one of the most efficient methods to conclude any workout.
Stretching when your muscles are warm has various benefits:
Enhances overall flexibility :
Reduces stress and promotes your body’s recuperation to a pre-exercise state. Allows your mind and body to think on and benefit from the most recent activities. It can help with post-exercise muscular pain and stiffness.
1. Expansion Quadratic (Quadratic Expansion)
- Stand up and brace yourself against a wall or the back of a chair.
- Hold the top of your left foot and bend your knee to bring the foot closer to your glutes while keeping your knee straight. You should feel a stretch down the front of your leg.
- For a more intense stretch, move your hips forward.
- Hold for 15–30 seconds before switching sides and repeating each leg 1–3 times.
2. Hamstrings should be stretched (Stand-up)
- Step forward with your left foot, hip-tipping while maintaining a flat back.
- Reduce your weight till you notice a stretch in your rear leg.
- To support your back, place your hands on your upper thighs.
- Hold for 15–30 seconds before switching sides and repeating one–three times more.
- Consider using a resistance band to boost your leverage if you’re feeling unsteady or your hamstrings are tight.
3. Stretching Exercises for the Chest and Shoulders
- Hands clasped behind your back and arms straight, sit or stand.
- Raise your hands only as far as they will go to the ceiling. Relax your shoulders and chest.
- Repeat 1–3 times more for a total of 15–30 seconds.
- If your shoulders are tense, try flying your arms behind you and out to the sides.
4. Raise your sternum
- Clasp your hands in front of you and round your back, pulling your arms away from your body, to feel a stretch in your upper back.
- To get the most out of this stretch, contract your abs.
- Hold for 15 to 30 seconds, then one to three times more.
5. Flexion of the biceps
- As if you were a hitchhiker, extend your arms to the sides and slightly behind you, thumbs up.
- Twist your thumbs down and back until they point to the rear wall to extend your biceps.
6. Shoulder flexion
- Straighten your right arm across your chest and wrap your left hand over your elbow, gently pulling on the right arm to deepen the shoulder stretch.
- Try lowering your shoulder if you aren’t getting a stretch.
- Hold each side for 15 to 30 seconds before switching sides and repeating 1 to 3 times on each side.
7. Squat Side Stretches While Seated
- Whether seated or standing, raise your hands straight up above, palms towards the ceiling.
- Stretch to the right and then up, experiencing a stretch along your left side as you do so.
8. Tighten your triceps muscles
- Bend your right elbow behind your head and draw your left elbow in gradually until your right hand feels a triceps stretch.
About this item:
- It’s perfect if you are a gym person. It is a perfect choice for building muscles and bone strength.
- Best Protein Powder: Vegan Way packs have 26gm of protein per serving(33gm), making it the highest percentage of protein in any multivitamin protein powder in one serving.
About this item:
- Product contains 30g of complete protein, 5. 2 g bcaa per serving of organic plant protein.
- Combination of organic pea protein isolate, organic brown rice protein and organic quinoa.
- Sugar-free, gluten-free, soy-free, non gmo, lactose-free, cholesterol-free.
- Easy to digest for better immunity and faster recovery.
About this item:
- PACKED WITH PLANT POWER: Fast&Up Plant Protein packs 30g of Plant Protein. along with 6g BCAA and 6g Glutamine per serving that helps boost immunity, muscle health & faster recovery.
- SCIENTIFIC FORMULATION: It is a Plant based complete Protein with all essential aminos combining pea protein, brown rice protein with added Vegan MCT’s and Beetroot Extract for energy.
- Support post workout recovery.